Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plan B

Have you ever had your plans go wrong? Sure, everyone has. Well my plans for life after college have been turned upside down. I was hoping to have a full time job at a company that I completely love but that didn't happen. I was happy when I could find a temp job in September but right before Christmas bad news came my way. I was told that my hours were going to be cut but little did I know that I would be working much less than half of the 40 hours I had been working. As you would expect this has made me worried (because I have student loans, car loans and insurance that needs to be paid), angry, and sad but strangely I am happy as well. I have gained some experience in the short months I have been working and this will help me in finding a permanent job. I have learned that it is important for me to find a company that focuses on helping others more than promoting themselves. Some of the employees where I work now only want to ensure their trip up the company ladder is quick and smooth. They treat the temporary employees as if they are second class citizens. I was even toddled on for improper Internet usage when I was using the Internet for writing a document for the company.
So for now I will work on filling out applications and researching possible employers.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment