Friday, July 9, 2010

Hi!

Welcome everyone to my first attempt at blogging!

Bare with me while I get used to periodically spilling my deep thoughts into the vast space of the internet. I'll start off with a little bit of background.

I am a recent grad of Iowa State University in Food Science and working on finding a job. I enjoy keeping busy so I have many hobbies that include jewelry making, crocheting and reading. In fact I just started a business creating custom made jewelry. I set up an Etsy store in May but have mostly sold to friends and people at my church. You can browse what I have in my store at www.etsy.com/shop/HappyKraftster . My projects will probably make an appearance here from time to time. If you have any questions or would like a pattern just let me know.

Since I have a B.S. in Food Science I am a huge food lover. I love tasting and making and analyzing all food. Recipes and meal experiments will also make an appearance here. Food is a very important basic need but it also brings people together. Some of the best conversations are held over a meal. I am a huge supporter of ending World Hunger and Poverty. If you would like to help out with World Hunger, I know a simple thing you could do daily.

The Hunger Site, www.thehungersite.com , has a free click link that provides 1.1 cups of food to someone in need. They even have a reminder e-mail that will be sent to you daily if you would like it. If you are looking for some great gift ideas they also have a wide variety of items for sale. From bags to clothing to jewelry to decorations, all of the items will provide an amount of food for someone in need.

I am very social justice oriented individual. I think that every person, no matter race, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status, deserves respect and the chance for a healthy, happy and long life. Everyone deserves to love and be loved.

And with that I will end my first blog ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment