Monday, July 12, 2010

Harry Potter on the brain

So if you couldn't tell from the title, I have been thinking about Harry Potter a lot lately. I suppose it's because of the marathon of the movies that ABCFamily has been showing. This recent obsession has made me want to read the books again, but alas they are no where to be found. Besides the 7th book that I had with me at college, all of the Harry Potter books are missing. And the worse part is that my mom might have sold them.

It made me very emotional when I couldn't find them because I grew up with the books. Sadly they were my escape from the "horrible" reality of middle school and high school. I always wished that the books were real in some way. The story of friendship, mentors, good and evil, has always resonated with me. Plus the whole magic thing would be absolutely awesome. The messages that the books convey are wonderful and about values that I think everyone should have.

At Iowa Annual Conference last year, I was a delegate. While I was there I bought "The Gospel According to Harry Potter." When I buy a new set of Harry Potter books and start to read them, I hope to read each review for each book.

Well I've spouted enough about Harry Potter and my beads are calling to me.

I hope you have a great time until my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment