Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Iowa Adventure! Addendum


So I neglected to talk about the wonderful flooding experience that happened while I was in Iowa. I arrived in Ames Wednesday afternoon and spent the evening with friends. That night it stormed for a bit but I was still able to sleep well. When I awoke the next morning I looked outside and there was water covering Iowa State Center or our basket coliseum, theaters, convention center and football stadium. I was lucky that the water never hindered my visit. The whole city of Ames was under a boil and water conservation alert until Sunday. So it was bottled water and careful tap water use. Thursday, Cathy and I decided to go to Des Moines and see a movie. Since all of the major roads were closed we had to take a back route. When we were ready to head back to Ames, we found out that the highways had been opened. In short I am very glad that I didn't have any of my belongings destroyed or had to leave early. It was quite an adventure!

May peace be with you until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment